Join the Peace Energy Community Today!
Read about Peace Energy – A Renewable Energy Cooperative and why you need to become a member today! Our Executive Summary including information on Peace Energy and Bear Mountain Wind is posted on this website.
Become a Member!
With your initial investment of $200, and optional investment, you’ll receive:
- Full membership in Peace Energy Cooperative with an attractive membership certificate suitable for framing.
- A free copy of the book Power Shift: The hope and drama of monumental wind power ($30 value!).
- One $200 membership share that may pay dividends based on the profits that the co-op will generate.
- Further investment opportunities.
* You must be a member to purchase Investment Shares.
** Purchase of Investment Shares is not a condition of membership.
*** As with all investments there is an element of risk and the redemption of any shares depends on the ability of PEC to meet those requests.
- An equal vote with every other member for the election of the co-op board and other issues of importance to the co-op. Each member of the co-op has one, and only one, vote;
- Information about green energy in the Peace Region and early notification of co-op sponsored workshops and conferences about green energy.
- A voice! As a member of Peace Energy, you are part of an important group that has the opportunity to affect local, provincial and federal government policy on energy issues.
- The opportunity to contribute to sustainable economic development;
- The knowledge that you are reducing greenhouse gas emissions, slowing global warming and creating a safer and more secure future.
- Local ownership of local resources
- Investment opportunities for members
- Healthy return on member investments
- Partnership and alliance building
- Conservation and sustainability
Why a Cooperative?
- Ownership of resources stays with members
- Each member has an equal voice regardless of the investment amount
- The tradition of co-ops is well established in the BC and Alberta Peace Region
- Co-op development of renewable energy is well-established worldwide