Join the Peace Energy Community Today!
Read about Peace Energy – A Renewable Energy Cooperative and why you need to become a member today! Our Executive Summary including information on Peace Energy and Bear Mountain Wind is posted on this website.
Become a Member!
With your initial investment of $200, and optional investment, you’ll receive:
- full membership in Peace Energy Cooperative with an attractive membership certificate suitable for framing.
- one $200 membership share that will pay dividends based on the profits that the co-op will generate.
- further investment opportunities.
* You must be a member to purchase Investment Shares.
** Purchase of Investment Shares is not a condition of membership.
*** Membership and Investment Shares may be redeemed by the Cooperative (in accordance with the Rules) in certain circumstances, including where a member withdraws from the membership and where the Cooperative terminates the membership of any member.
**** Redemption of Membership or Investment shares is subject to the restrictions set out in the Cooperative Association Act.
***** As with all investments there is an element of risk and the redemption of any shares depends on the ability of PEC to meet those requests.
- an equal vote with every other member for the election of the co-op board and other issues of importance to the co-op. Each member of the co-op has one, and only one, vote;
- information about green energy in the Peace Region and early notification of co-op sponsored workshops and conferences about green energy.
- a voice! As a member of Peace Energy, you are part of an important group that has the opportunity to affect local, provincial and federal government policy on energy issues.
- the opportunity to contribute to sustainable economic development;
- the knowledge that you are reducing greenhouse gas emissions, slowing global warming and creating asafer and more secure future.
- local ownership of local resources
- investment opportunities for members
- healthy return on member investments
- partnership and alliance building
- conservation and sustainability
Why a Cooperative?
- ownership of resources stays with members
- each member has an equal voice regardless of investment amount
- the tradition of co-ops is well established in the BC and Alberta Peace Region
- co-op development of renewable energy is well established worldwide