Welcome to Peace Energy Cooperative
Welcome to Peace Energy Renewable Energy Cooperative, the first in Western Canada! Our over 655+ members share a common vision: a clean energy world filled with hope and opportunity. Since 2003 we have been shaping a better future powered by the limitless, clean renewable energies of wind and solar. Peace Energy Coop members are working together to make this a practical reality, for today and forever. We hope you’ll join us!
Please read the PREP INC MEDIA RELEASE from Peace Energy Cooperative regarding our new investment partnership that brings community-owned solar one step closer to reality.
“PREP OPEN HOUSE A BIG SUCCESS!”
Our Peace River Energy Project open house at the Peace River Airport on May 4th was a great success! Over 50 people attended with lots of interest from the community, local councillors and nearby residents. There were many good questions to answer and a very positive attitude towards our solar farm project. Happily, we had many inquiries about how to invest in the project! Simple: become a member! Now, on to the next milestone: applying to the Alberta Utilities Commission for final approvals!”
(group photo by Emily Plihal, open house photo by Don Pettit)
Thank you for taking the time to attend our event!
We greatly appreciate that you were able to join us,
and we hope you found it valuable and informative.
Read more on:
Not everybody can afford to go solar, but for those who can it is one of the best ways to reduce electrical costs while fighting climate change. This Watts explains why solar is the fastest growing energy source on the planet, how grid-tied solar works in BC and Alberta, and how you can knock $5,000 off the cost of a home solar electric system!
The Peace River Energy Project
(PREP formerly named “Alberta Community Energy Project”):
A cooperatively-owned, grid-tied solar farm in the Peace River Region of Alberta
slated for construction in 2023.
• Western Canada’s first cooperatively financed, owned & operated solar farm; reducing greenhouse gas emissions and providing pollution-free energy to the local grid.
• Job creation and economic diversification in the green energy sector.
• Community engagement and pride through local ownership of renewable energy infrastructure.
• Sustainable agricultural practices that honour the water, land and biodiversity are prioritized and integrated within the facility.
• A financial return is provided to the members/investors of Peace Energy Co-op.
• PREP will be the first of many. It will create a template for other community-owned renewable energy projects.
To learn more about this exciting renewable energy project, click the link below: