Welcome to Peace Energy Cooperative
Welcome to Peace Energy Renewable Energy Cooperative, the first in Western Canada! Our over 660+ members share a common vision: a clean energy world filled with hope and opportunity. Since 2003 we have been shaping a better future powered by the limitless, clean renewable energies of wind and solar. Peace Energy Coop members are working together to make this a practical reality, for today and forever. We hope you’ll join us!
We’re still going strong since October 21, 2003.
Read more on:
Watt’s Happening #249
Although I make a point of staying as positive as possible (to help balance out the ridiculously negative media) sometimes I just have to call it like it is. We are in trouble. Climate chaos is upon us. The work ahead is staggering. That’s the bad news. But the good news is: citizen climate awareness around the world is growing rapidly, demanding action; clean energy growth is unprecedented and provides real cause for hope; and Indigenous communities are becoming leaders in the clean energy transition. Good and bad, read all about it….
Please read the PREP INC. MEDIA RELEASE from Peace Energy Cooperative regarding our new investment partnership that brings community-owned solar one step closer to reality.
Left to right are: Stephen Mckay (Secretary); Keith Anderson (Treasurer); Greg Dueck (Vice President); and Adam Mildenberger (President).
The Peace River Energy Project
(PREP formerly named “Alberta Community Energy Project”):
A cooperatively-owned, grid-tied solar farm in the Peace River Region of Alberta
slated for construction in 2023.
• Western Canada’s first cooperatively financed, owned & operated solar farm; reducing greenhouse gas emissions and providing pollution-free energy to the local grid.
• Job creation and economic diversification in the green energy sector.
• Community engagement and pride through local ownership of renewable energy infrastructure.
• Sustainable agricultural practices that honour the water, land and biodiversity are prioritized and integrated within the facility.
• A financial return is provided to the members/investors of Peace Energy Co-op.
• PREP will be the first of many. It will create a template for other community-owned renewable energy projects.
To learn more about this exciting renewable energy project, click the link below: