Welcome to Peace Energy Cooperative
Welcome to Peace Energy Renewable Energy Cooperative, the first in western Canada! Our over 625+ members share a common vision: a clean energy world filled with hope and opportunity. Since 2003 we have been shaping a better future powered by the limitless, clean renewable energies of wind and solar. Peace Energy Coop members are working together to make this a practical reality, for today and forever. We hope you’ll join us!
The Peace River Energy Project
(PREP formerly named “Alberta Community Energy Project”):
A cooperatively-owned, grid-tied solar farm in the Peace River Region of Alberta
slated for construction in 2023.
• Western Canada’s first cooperatively financed, owned & operated solar farm; reducing greenhouse gas emissions and providing pollution-free energy to the local grid.
• Job creation and economic diversification in the green energy sector.
• Community engagement and pride through local ownership of renewable energy infrastructure.
• Sustainable agricultural practices that honour the water, land and biodiversity are prioritized and integrated within the facility.
• A financial return is provided to the members/investors of Peace Energy Co-op.
• PREP will be the first of many. It will create a template for other community-owned renewable energy projects.
To learn more about this exciting renewable energy project, click the link below:
Click above to read more on:
Virtual Power Plants
Bringing people together with solar power